Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Decent Proposal



November 27, 2006
Stacy had guessed Evan would propose on the vacation. Her major clue? Prior to departure, Stacy mentioned striking Antwerp, the diamond capitol, from our itinerary. Evan was insistent that we keep that destination. So Stacy felt confident she was right. It’s good that Evan did propose. Otherwise, Stacy might have kicked him.






November 27, 2006
Well, we didn't learn our lesson apparently. Despite all our beliefs to the contrary, our flight leaves at 12:15, not 12:57. Whoops. All the time we padded in for customs, tax forms, etc was gone. However, we managed to shop, drop off forms, shop some more and make it to the plane on time [and the plane had ice cream and a puppy (not all to eat, of course)]! It was a great trip and hopefully another one will be forthcoming to attend a wedding! About time!

November 27, 2006
The woman sitting next to us on the plane is bringing home an 8 week old Golden Retriever puppy. It's slept almost the whole way, and didn't receive any tranquilizers. Over the state on New York, it woke up and nibbled on some bread. Overall, the puppy performed a little better than Picasso did when we took him on a two hour flight.
Stacy interjects:
-Picasso was only 6 weeks old,
-had just been separated from his mom,
-and had less bonding time with us.

This ends our trip back in time. I'll return to the world of real-time (or near real-time for those I work with) blogging. When I catch up, I'll ready to go back in time again for a ski trip journal that has never been published. After that, I guess I will need a new vacation!

1 comment:

Garçonova said...

I hear Hell hath no fury like a woman in her first trimester, so I'm glad I proposed and was spared the kicking.